There’s nothing like a smooth, cool treat topped with sugary candies to sooth the inner child in you. Dirt pudding, a classic take-to-the-kids’-birthday-party treat, has been around since pudding realized it belonged with gummies and cookies.
This whole project takes about ten minutes, perfect for hungry kids (or adults!). 🙂
Niki’s Note: This recipe I modified to suit my dirt pudding tastes. The best part about this treat is that you can modify it to suit the occasion, like Halloween, or even to make it healthier!
1 box of instant chocolate pudding
1 3/4 C cold milk
24+ Oreos (to be crushed)
1 small (8 oz) tub of whipped toppiung
1 tub/bag of gummy worms
1. Mix the cold milk into the pudding mix. I used less milk to make a thicker pudding. Use 1 cup of milk if you want pie filling consistency. Whisk for two minutes. Then put in the fridge to set.
2. While the pudding is setting in the fridge, crush the Oreo cookies until broken. You’ll want there to be chunky pieces!
3. Set the cookies aside. Bring out the pudding and the whipped topping. Slowly fold the topping into the pudding, mixing in about 1/2 c increments. Add only as much as you want, less if you want to maintain a thick, chocolatey pudding. I used almost the whole tub, about 1 1/2 cups.
4. Bring out your crushed cookies, pudding mixture, and gummy worms. I used a 3 1/2 C tubberware container for my dirt pudding. Start by layering chocolate cookies at the bottom, then a scoop of pudding, then three or four gummy worms.
5. Keep layering until you run out of space or ingredients. I find that a top layer of chocolate cookies and hidden gummy worms, makes a great presentation!