Hello, everyone! We here at Bakers Anonymous have been all over the place lately. Graduate school, moving to Baltimore, applying to jobs in Maryland and oh yeah, work every day!
This is the part where everyone says, “Oh, boohoos for Niki. Her life is so difficult. We pity her.”
Yeah, that’s what I figured. And if that wasn’t enough, I’ve got boy problems! Goodness.
So yesterday while I was at work, all I could think about was M&Ms. Crunchy, melt-y, yummy M&Ms. And cookies. Not like I don’t already have some sugar cookies left over from last week’s baking, but that’s beside the point. I didn’t have anything chocolate!
But now I do. To make these cookies extra moist and thick, I included some dark chocolate cream cheese.
Oh yes. I did just say, dark chocolate cream cheese. Thank you, Kraft Foods for providing the world with the Indulgence line of cream cheeses. My waistline, however, does not thank you.
Chocolate Cream Cheese M&M Cookies
1 box of Pillsbury dark chocolate cake mix
1 8 oz. container of Philly Indulgence dark chocolate cream cheese
1/2 C softened butter
1 tsp. almond extract
1 12 oz bag of M&Ms (I used dark chocolate)
1 C of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together the egg, butter, cream cheese and almond extract.
3. Mix in the cake mix until thoroughly absorbed.
4. Add in the M&Ms and chocolate chips. The batter will be thick.
5. Roll the dough into one-inch balls, making sure to tuck in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
6. Space out on foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove to cooling rack.
Makes about four dozen cookies.