Friday is moving day, or as I like to call it, M-Day. It sounds more ominous. I am looking forward to being in Baltimore and starting my new graduate classes, but I am NOT excited about moving all those annoying boxes of my stuff. If I could just ditch all my belongings and start over, my life would be much easier.
But it doesn’t work like that, eh? Too bad.
Anyway, I baked these delicious cupcake-brownies that have been floating around Pinterest for the past month or so. They were really easy!
And is it just me, or does anyone else have difficulty spelling Neapolitan correctly? I always thought it was Neopolitan. Apparently that’s WRONG WRONG WRONG.
1 box of strawberry cake mix
1 box of brownie mix (I used a mix that had semisweet chocolate chunks)
Eggs, water and oil (I use applesauce instead of oil) that goes with the mixes
1 container of vanilla frosting (I used Funfetti – for the sprinkles!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep your cupcake pan with liners or lots of cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the brownie mix. Drop one-half tablespoon of brownie mix into each cup. Make sure the batter covers the bottom of the liner.
3. Mix together the cake batter. Add a full tablespoon to the brownie batter. Make sure the cups are full after adding the batter.
4. Bake for 23 minutes or the max time listed on the box of cake mix.
5. Let the cupcakes cool and then frost!
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Niki’s Note: Feel free to use your own recipes. I know that not everyone likes cake mixes.