Today is the day we here at Bakers Anonymous pat ourselves on our backs. After three years, an extremely long hiatus (or a sabbatical as I pretended it to be) and bouncing from kitchen to kitchen, we’ve finally reached 100 posts.
I’m sure there are blogs out there with a close to a thousand posts and over a million views a day (or some other ridiculous number I’m not currently reaching), but for little ol’ me out here in Bakers Anonymous land, this 100th post is the culmination of years of hard work and love.
So, I thank everyone who has helped, motivated and encouraged me to get to this very exciting point in my life.
And now for some cookies! These chewy and light cream cheese chocolate chip cookies are made with white cake mix and some surprise booze (though, unfortunately, the cookies don’t taste anything like the alcohol).
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 box of white cake mix (I used Pillsbury’s with pudding in the mix)
1 C of mini chocolate chips
8 oz. block of cream cheese
1 C sugar
1/4 C of Amaretto
1. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and Amaretto until smooth.
2. Add in the cake mix and then the chocolate chips. Dough will be sticky.
3. Drop by rounded tablespoons. As the cookie will not spread during baking, push down on the dough, making it a little flatter (otherwise the cookies will bake in the shape that you drop them).
4. Bake for 15 mins or until edges turn brown.
5. Let the cookies rest on the pan for a minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
Make three dozen cookies.