Oh, Bakers Anonymous family, things are getting crazier than ever here. Remember late last year when I got it into my head that I would start doing dinner bakes? And then I promptly stopped doing them?
Yeah. I don’t really remember it either.
But that’s about to change! Starting this very day, every last week of the month, Bakers Anonymous will feature a different dinner bake. In my old, wizened age, I’ve realized that one cannot always eat brownies, cookies or cake, despite desperate attempts to do so.
I ate pizza instead.
Mini Biscuit Pizzas
Originally based on this recipe from Pillsbury.
1 tube of Pillsbury’s Grands! Flaky Biscuits (do NOT use the Homestyle butter biscuits)
1/2 to 1 C of pasta or pizza sauce (Prego’s chunky garden sauce with mushrooms and peppers)
1 bag of part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 package of sliced pepperoni (or any other toppings you want)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
2. Pop open the can of biscuits. There are eight to a container. I was able to place four to a sheet.
3. Spread out each biscuit using your hands or a rolling pin. Press into a five to six-inch circle, depending on how thin you want your crust and the desired size of your pizzas.
4. Spread tablespoons or more of the sauce on each pizza.
5. Top with as much cheese as you want.
6. Place your toppings on the pizza. I fit five pepperoni slices to each.
7. Bake in the oven for about seven minutes (my oven was very hot, so it baked faster. You might have to bake for longer, up to fifteen minutes).
8. Cool the pizzas slightly before removing from the pan.
Makes up to eight pizzas.