Bakers Anonymous family, just so you know, I received two burns on my arms (one on EACH) in order to pull these brownies out of the oven. I hope you appreciate the pain I go through for you.
But I do it with love. 🙂
It’s been a week since my lovely hamster, Butterscotch, passed away, so I figured the best thing to do was to make a treat full of pep and happiness. Since Pinterest exploded onto the Internet in the past two months, I’ve found a ton of new blogs and recipes. Today’s post is adapted from one of those very finds.
Please do check out the rest of Amandeleine’s blog. She has an amazing collection of recipes and photos!
Peppermint Patty Brownies
1 box of brownie mix (I used Ghiradelli Double Chocolate brownie mix)
1/3 C applesauce (I no longer use vegetable oil in my baking. It’s one easy way to make your treats healthier!)
1/4 C water
25 York Peppermint Patties (the small ones)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line your baking pan (I used a 9×9 pan glass pan) with foil for easy removal.
2. Mix together the egg, applesauce and water.
3. Slowly add in the brownie mix, making sure it is thoroughly incorporated.
4. Pour two-thirds of the mixture into the pan.
5. Place peppermint patties across mixture, making sure to fill up any holes between the patties by cutting up patties into pieces.
6. Bake the brownies for 40 minutes. If your brownies turn out like mine, I’m sorry. I had no idea the mint filling expanded like that. Top will be shiny but firm.
7. Remove the brownies in the foil from the pan and let rest on a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
This recipe will make one pan of brownies. Number of pieces depends on how you cut them, though I do recommend cutting them small. The peppermint patty pieces add some richness.