Welcome back to the world of Bakers Anonmous, everyone! I’ve missed you all, and I’ve missed baking. This following recipe isn’t the one that I was going to post a few weeks ago, but as it’s Halloween in a few days, I figured this treat from Hershey’s was a great opportunity to use up that leftover candy (is there ever any leftover?).
Hershey’s Grab-Bag Brownies
Any combination chopped HERSHEY’S and REESE’S candy bars to make 2 cups (I used Almond Joys, mini Hershey’s bars and Reese’s cups. I don’t recommend baking Kit-Kats into brownies)
1 C (2 sticks) butter or margarine
2 C sugar
2/3 C HERSHEY’S Cocoa
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan (I used 8×11 in) with aluminum foil. Make sure there’s overhang so you can pull the brownies from the pan later.
3. Melt the butter. I heated it in the microwave for a minute. Add it to the sugar and cocoa. Slowly stir in the eggs. No need for scrambled bits here. (Ew.)
4. Stir together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the flour mixture in increments, stirring well after each addition. Add the vanilla and candy pieces. Spread into the pan.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Be careful not to overbake!
Niki’s note: the original baking time is 30 to 35 minutes; however, because I lined my pan with foil and the pan was smaller than the originally designated size. I’d rather have a longer baking time than a messy pan to clean! Please note that if you do use a different size pan, times will change.
6. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 brownies. As you know from me, I always cut my brownies a little bit larger than average!
Niki’s Note: Thanks to my best friend, Rachel, who helped me out with these delicious treats. 🙂